Root canal procedure is performed to pact an infection in the teeth. The infection can be caused due to an injury, tooth decay or leak in fillings. The root system of the tooth contains a soft pulp in the center from the Crown to down the root. The pulp is a very sensitive part consisting of nerves and blood vessels. This part can be infected with bacteria and spread out to the root canal and infect the tissues surrounding the tooth. This results in swelling and pain in the tooth. With the advancement in endodontic procedures, single visit root canal therapy is possible which reduces the number of sittings. At LBR dental and implant center in hyderabad, India we provide single visit root canal therapy services.
There are several benefits of single visit root canal therapy including:
• Patients experience less stress
• Single anesthesia requirement
• less time consuming
• reduces the risk of contamination during inter-appointments
Root canal treatment is performed to remove the bacteria from the tooth and to prevent further damage. In this method, the teeth are preserved by removing the infection. A root canal is recommended when there is severe decay or damage to the tooth. It is also performed as a repair mechanism to treat cracked teeth.
When the pulp is infected with bacteria, it breaks down and the bacteria multiples inside the tooth chamber. This causes the rise of a bacterial infection and ultimately an abscessed tooth. A tooth abscess is a pocket filled with pus that is formed at the end of the tooth root. This occurs when the infection reaches from the center to the root ends of the tooth. The infection in the root canal can also lead to swelling and loss of bone.
A root canal treatment process is performed by our expert endodontists.
• An X-ray of the infected tooth is taken to investigate the reach of bacterial infection in the tooth pulp.
• The process is initiated by administering a local anesthetic to numb the region around the infected tooth.
• A hole is drilled in the infected tooth and the infected pulp from the center of the tooth is removed and the root canals are cleaned.
• The root canal is then enlarged and filled and sealed.
• The Dentist uses medication to kill any bacteria if present.
• A crown is placed on top of the teeth for protection. This is because a tooth after the root canal treatment is more fragile and prone to fracture. The presence of a crown prevents the chances of fracture or crack in the tooth.
A Root canal is a successful treatment to remove the bacterial infection and to restore the tooth. Root Canal Therapy treatment method is better than removing an infected tooth. If a tooth is removed, the surrounding teeth may shift from their original position. This can lead to gaps in between the teeth and lead to accumulation of debris in the spaces. If not properly cleaned they ultimately end up into gum diseases. Root canal treatment avoids these concerns and the saves the tooth.
LBR dental and implant center, Telangana offers single visit root canal therapy by well trained and experienced root canal dentist at affordable rates. To know more about single visit Root Canal Cost and treatment, book an appointment now.